Translate

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Why having a large family rocks!



In this day and age a family of six is considered a "large family". We just barely fit in a minivan, never qualify for vacation packages (family of four only!) and always get denied in those "kids eat free" gimmicks (only one kid per adult)
I grew up as an only child and later gained a step brother, and a half brother, so I never experienced a houseful of siblings. Unlike my husband who is one of three kids, all very close in age. Although I never imagined I'd have four kidsI feel very blessed that my kids will grow up with such a wonderfully, large support system. They'll always have someone in their corner, cheering them on from the sidelines and coaching them from behind the stage.

Of course there are several pros and even more cons to having a large family, but I thought I'd start the year off right and be thankful for the pros of my wild and crazy household!


You're never alone

There is never a dull moment with a house full of kids! Our evenings can easily turn into an impromptu play, baseball game or dance party. You always have a friend to talk to and enjoy your time withThe house is never empty and with so many of us, it feels like a party everyday!





Reliving milestones
I've had the pleasure of experiencing all the important moments in life four times. Watching each kid walk, talk and jump on the school bus for the first time never gets old.



You're always learning
My kids will always have a playmate! Therefore, teaching each other how to share, take turns and look after one other. They'll experience several life events as they get older and learn from their siblings.



Celebrations
We're always celebrating something! Birthdays, anniversaries and graduations. Special holidays, like Christmas and Halloween are so much fun with four kids!





Needless to say, happy families come in all sizes. I experienced a wonderful childhood in a small family, and my kids are having great childhoods here in our crowded house.

Yesmy kids will grow up wearing hand-me-downs, sharing a room, and adjusting to a large level of noise and a hectic household, but it works for them and for all of us, and that's the most important thing!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...