Translate

Wednesday 7 January 2015

When Ninja Turtles have Birthdays

My youngest turned 4 today. Im still in shock. The day he was born still feels like it was yesterday and when I look back on the last 4 years, it seems like a blur. Being the youngest boy in a family of 3 girls was going to be a challenge, or so I thought. I envisioned him growing up surrounded by the femininity of his sisters and inheriting their love of hosting tea parties, playing dress-up and watching Disney Princess movies. When in fact, he is the complete opposite! He fits into society's version of a boy - rough, loves swords, cars and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I have no idea how

I now find myself crawling out of my comfort zone of fashion and nail glitter to dinosaurs and action figures. It's new and kind of exciting for me. 
Instead of a Birthday of butterflies and Justin Beiber, I had the pleasure of decorating my house with turtles and ninja weapons.


Since Im terrified of balloons my aunt made these really cute turtle balloons! Simply made with ribbon and craft eyes.






Snacks were green drinks, chips and of course pizza. 


And what party isn't complete with themed cupcakes?







1 comment:

  1. Good job! He must have been thrilled! You're a great Mom!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...