Translate

Friday 6 September 2013

Friday Fun Snack Day - Puppy Chow

Happy Friday!
WARNING:
Today's snack is not one bit healthy! But it is gluten free! I made this snack yesterday to celebrate the first day of school (yippee!) I had a bus load of hungry, tired kids roll in around 4pm and this certainly brightened up their spirits!
Speaking of the first day of school, were you as happy as my husband?




Life certainly has changed now that school is back in session. Life is quiet. Life is calm. Life is good.

I've never made Puppy Chow before, but remember eating it as a kid and loving every bite. It was pretty easy except I overdid the icing sugar and found myself straining it out of the mix later on. My advice is to use half the amount of icing sugar and then add more as you mix depending on your choice of desired coating.




What you need:
1 box of Chex cereal
1 cup of Peanut Butter or alternative if allergies are present
1/4 cup of Margarine
1 pkg Milk Chocolate Chips
3 cups of Icing Sugar


How you make it:
Melt peanut butter, chocolate chips and margarine. You can melt it on the stove, or microwave (in a microwave safe bowl of course)
Pour mixture over Chex cereal
Stir.
Pour Icing Sugar into large Ziploc bag and add coated cereal.
Shake.
Devour.

This snack is great for bagging up individually for snack drawers.
Happy Weekend!



Can you do me a favour and just click the banner below? Just one click shows that you liked me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...