Translate

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Summer Family Checklist

Now that school is out I'm looking for some inspiration for summer fun!
I've been seeing these Summer checklists everywhere and I've been wanting to actually try this with my family. First I needed to find one that was actually realistic for us, and that had activities I knew we could tackle. I asked the kids what activities they would like to do over the summer so we added a few of our own. I can't wait to get started on some! It'll make our summer one to remember!



We wrote our list on the chalkboard so it was easily visible and it was more fun to write. The kids are really excited about it, and are already talking about which activity we'll do first.

1.Have a campfire - and make these
2.Go on a picnic
3.Light fireworks - all by ourselves
4.Go to an outdoor concert - rain or shine
5.Make homemade ice cream - need I say more?
6.Go on a hike
7.Ride the PEI ferry - summer isn't summer without it
8.Go the Farmer's Market -
9.Go Kayaking or Canoeing - one of the kid's ideas
10.Watch a movie under the stars
11.Visit the Hector Quay (A heritage museum site in town that my kids have never actually experienced) Pictou has always been my children's home and I think it's important they learn it's history
12.Perform a Random Act of Kindness - or 2 or 100
13.Build a greenhouse  - for Mike of course
14.Adopt a lobster (The local Fisheries Museum runs an adoption program) - learn more here


Here are some other great checklists with some more ideas!





Stay tuned and I'll update our activities throughout the summer :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...