Translate

Monday 27 May 2013

Weekend Getaway



Recently Mike and I were able to sneak away on a weekend getaway sans kids!
A shout out to our amazing army of grandparents and aunts for babysitting for us (you need a trained army to babysit these kids!)  We hadn't had a night, let alone two nights away since last March. We were well overdue for a relationship rejuvenation. Actually taking the time for just the two of us really was good for our soul and our relationship. Even if the majority of our trip was spent laying in bed watching Mad Men, we had the luxury of no interruptions, no cleaning, and no worries.
We decided on Halifax to revisit the city life that we loved so much when we first started dating. It takes me back to a different time, a time before 4 kids, house renos, bills and RRSPs. A time where all we had to think about was where we going to eat for supper or what movie we were seeing. Although I wouldn't trade my life for anything, I do miss those lazy, hazy days of no worries. It was nice to go back to that for just a weekend and remember why we fell in love in the first place. Although my outlook on the city has changed in the last 7 years. What I used to think was a romantic, moonlit walk down Spring Garden hand in hand with my husband turns into thoughts of getting mugged or kidnapped. Haha I watch too much CSI. His love for the city at night hasn't changed but I'm afraid after years of having little kids and an overly active imagination I've become more cautious.
We stayed at the Waverly Inn, a cute and quaint B&B on Barrington. I loved everything about it! 24 hour free tea and coffee, old antique furnishings and of course a giant whirpool tub in our room.
All our city dreams came true and I'm already planning our next getaway, of course.

Where do you like to get away to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...