Translate

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Picture walls


I like pictures. Let me rephrase that, I love pictures! Anyone who knows me knows that I love to display pictures..in frames, on my fridge, in albums etc. And why not? I love walking by and looking at the people I love, or remembering a magic moment I captured. Now that I've got kids that can draw, I've got lots of kid's art. So after we redid our playroom I thought it would be a great idea to post some art on the wall so the kids can see their creations everyday. Our playroom is still under construction and this area needs some more shelf space, but just like any home project, it's gradual.




My plan was to do just white frames but the idea of throwing some other colours in the mix is growing on me. It's still a work in progress. I think I'll grab some red frames to throw in a pop of colour to match the baskets. I love the look of a picture wall, there are so many different ways you can organize your frames and be really creative. It was tricky to balance out the frames so they looked uniform. (I've got a few extra holes in the wall)
Here are some picture placement ideas and some examples of picture walls I came across for some inspiration. Do you ever feel that everyone else's always looks better than yours? Haha!










5 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this is the bestest idea ever Brookie Boo. xoxox HB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke have you seen the "stackable" frames at Target...do you have Target? They are a little deeper and have a hinge so easier to layer your kiddos pictures on top of each other and not need to take back off frame etc over and over. Fun and easy to change things up and save their artwork over time. Great stuff. Donna :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a Target here (boo) but I might be able to find that sort of thing somewhere else, thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. Target is coming to Halifax in the Fall - I can't wait! I think the wall looks great and I love the idea of adding in some red frames :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...